Sunday 24 October 2010

First Post^^

Hellooo~~
and
Welcome to my 3rd Year blog^^

To give a brief on my current situation.
As 2nd year students at Ravensbourne, We were given a project to work on through our long summer. The project was to help us develop ideas for our FINAL PROJECT during our time at Ravensbourne. We aimed to get a PITCH and perhaps a storyboard ready for our first day of term.

In response, I gathered a few ideas from just everyday life. From news -tv - youtube and people generally around me. During my break, I spent a lot of time exploring the world of photography, capturing various angles, trying to grasp skills which would make my cinematic skills improve, and generally help me create more diverse; perspective angles. I've been going through many blogs, and people flickr galleries and deviantarts. Its helped inspired me to create something a little more interesting. In my 2nd year at Ravensbourne and even watching a few student animations on aniboom. I've noticed. Since many students try to capture emotion and movements so much, they use basic camera movements. I wanted to change this. I understand how easy it is to fall for Maya's straight camera angles, and how frustrating it is to plan more dynamic angles, however, if I was to capture this essence, this complexity in my 3rd year animation. I should be able to create a true master piece.
Many of the more success animations I've seen online, were the ones that played with perspectives or colour more.

For me to capture more diverse angles, I needed create a super storyboard, one with many camera angles which flows in between the same environment as films have. Since I wanted to create an animation with action and running I needed to practice drawing perspective angles more. So I set an aim for myself to draw at least a page of dynamic figures, working with proportions, controlling and figuring out the larger objects in front to the objects behind. At this point I really missed Life Drawing with Dan in first year. I relied on watching cartoons and coping the more interesting poses, drawing people around me and using posemaniacs.

During my holiday, I also found a new program, a few actually, but one I actually started using almost everyday. Its apparently the Japanese version of Painter, However, I found its much smoother. Its actually alot smoother to work with, and its finally in English! Even so, I still use Photoshop, since many textural brushes don't exist in the new software. Instead, you are able to make more complex brushes to imitate everyday art equipment like pencils, crayons and such.

To sum up::
I used my summer to explore the world of Photography, playing with diverse perspective angles , and trying out other colour compositions -such as lomography.

and
Working hard on drawing perspective angles with correct line qualities to improve my pre-production work and find my own style.







No comments:

Post a Comment