Sunday 24 October 2010

Idea Development~~

I have chosen to use the story of IRON Monkey, but develop it further to become my own original character. Realistically thinking, having a frustrated hero find his own style would take a very long time. Here are a few problems I have come across.

(1) A detailed research on martial art poses would be needed. And a really detailed planning.

(2) I've been studying the movements of drunken fist, watching Jackie Chan and Jet Li documentaries that conveniently aired on TV. It seems impossible to illustrate so many sudden movements for my future animators to follow.

(3) PLUS having a hero you would need enemies, being a true HERO you wouldn't have one enemy either, you would have a few. Just thinking of modeling and rigging that many characters becomes an annoyance.

I have to remember I have a time limit. So drastic, changes would have to be made.

________________________________________________________________
Heres a few characters I based my monkey on:


No comments:

Post a Comment