Tuesday 5 April 2011

Forest PanShot Progress


Heres a close up of the level of detail there is in the foreground. In reference to Le Royaume , Howls Moving castle, and the use of filters influenced by Michelle!! The flowers have a total of 5 tones which gives it that paper like realism . I spent a good 3 hours on that one rock. It was a challenge that I brought upon myself to archive a professional skill in digital painting. I feel as though I've stepped up a level in Digital Painting purely through practicing and observing!!^^

Digitally painting tends to make peoples creatively stiff at first, but since I've spent so many hours in these softwares it really shows how fluent my brush strokes have become! Using 3 different painting softwares at once has made me gain more confidence in my skills, and the use of my graphic pen!

I was getting a bit lost in the tones of colours we were using, even with a colour palette, since the forest pan deals with the outdoor lighting it becomes more complex! Especially the forest area, in comparison to the empty-ness infront of the castle. I've discussed this issue with Matt our project leader and it seems as though I'm still on track, so there was nothing to worry about in the first place.

As decided, TEAM SMITTEN will be using a cutout filter for a more unusual style. Its also the border that combines my backgrounds and Michelles backgrounds together as one style. We remain challenging angles within wonky perspectives for a more abstract atmosphere. So the process of our planning is them extended, but the outcome truely outstands our past conceptual pieces. Heres The Forest Pan with different levels of filters, We've decided not to destroy the efforts of foreground detail, and dismiss parts of the sky so that the overall art isn't cluttered with the same filter. By using different levels of the filters, we archive a more 3D, FLESHED out background, instead of a pure paper cut out.

This is not the finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment