Wednesday 15 June 2011

GlowingMayfly

Here Is an example of a quick colour script Iredia made for my own guidance, I have a habit of going with the flow, so I'm not exactly very good with following colour scripts. As an artist there are more tones then anything, and to make a piece truly ours, we tend to play with colour to get the right FEEL to our pieces. So yeah, theres my excuse. We discussed a nice colour contrast using purples in the scene as I've evaluating in the past posts.

Heres a lighter version I quickly did whilst in the middle of a skype meeting with Iredia. We were discussing how to make the Mayfly gold and all spiritual as well as trying to make it glow. Heres an example of using the filters within TVPAINT, Increasing the brightness and contrast of the outline layer.And heres an example of the GLOW effect/ filter thrown on top of the COLOUR layer as well as the FX stack of brightness + colour contract on the outline. I added a pinkish glow too, im not sure if you can see the difference, but we're still in the middle of playing with these settings.

Heres the finished ROCKs for the background =D
Still working on this for degree show, but since we have more important scenes to work on for friday (for the sound guy mainly) I'm afraid I've had to put this shot on hold. There IS supposed to be a hint of purple-ish shading on the nymphs body. which makes him more 3D and gives him a more noble..gently like feel to his movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment