Wednesday 8 June 2011

8th June Update

I'm sorry my posts these days hasn't been as visual as they usually are.
I've been recovering from my trip abroad and frame painting at the same time.

Shot 2 has been completed. I'm currently half way through shot 4. Me and Iredia had a very detailed meeting on the 4 other shots waiting in line. It gets complicated since theres a change of time, so the colours of the scenes will gradually fade from the greenish greys > blues>orange>reddish tones>purple to then finish off with darker contrasting purples.

The Mayfly is supposed to reflect the traditional arts of Chinese calligraphy, however, By keeping to the grayish green principles our film overall will have a dull impact. Which is why we want to bring in lovely animated time changed. Since this is all colour, It is my job to get this right. I did a few tests in Hong Kong, I took a few days away from going out, locked myself in the hotel to get work done. It was hard, and so tempting to drop the idea of working on holiday, but I really couldn't leave Iredia like that. I constantly emailed Iredia and Michelle from team smitten to constantly get updates on our teams progress, and what I needed to get done for them. Smitten has been done, so I've had nothing to submit to Leader Matt.

I've had skype meetings to discuss changes to the Mayfly shots. There was one time we had a meeting while Iredia was at Ravensbourne. But it was so laggy we had to switch the screensharing and webcam off. This then delayed a days worth of time since theres an 7/8 hour difference in the two countries.
Even though we all took my personal trip in a professional manner, and continued to work as if I was still in London, it seems there are people within our COURSE that's got so stressed with their own projects they've stuck their noses into our business, spreading rumours like I've ditched Iredia and Smitten. Its upsetting, and really hurts my team members especially. I only found out after coming back. Its disgraceful and immature. I wished they would just butt out of other peoples business. I took the trip as a BUSINESS trip, taking 3 of those days to do official things which required lots of waiting time in government buildings..not fun. Then I had to lock myself in my hotel room to get work done. So I believe I achieved working in a professional manner. I didn't want to go in the first place, but for my own future I had to. And definitely don't deserve to be bashed at like that, especially behind my back its just not called for. Its frustrated Iredia since he knew what was really going on. The extra stress was seriously not needed, I feel really bad for stressing him so much. I'm really sorry dude T_T

And for that, on Monday, even though I was jetlagged, I planned to have a meeting with my EnE group, printed posters and had further discussions on our product and expansion. Plus what we needed for our summative and presentation. We then went out to the london graphic center to get a few materials to finalise our product (OUR KEYRINGS NOW HAVE FACES!!^^) We all went to eat, went to play child of Eden together, which really brought back the fun, and was a great way to de-stress ourselves. Personally I felt it was a great way to catch up with everyone^^ It seems people have been going nuts, but we believe having a fresh head and actually moving, doing a bit of exercising instead of locking ourselves in makes the pace of of work faster and more accurate.

Enough rambling,

I've sorted my 3 folders out for submission, I had a few bits to transfer from my laptop, work to finish.

Todays Task:
Finishing Shot 4
To start and finish the EVOLUTION shot (not sure what shot that is)
Leaf animation test.
Clean up 2000 words for EnE Report + sort out everyones slides (copy n paste their slides onto the presentation.

5 things to do, that's more then enough for the day =) Its not even 10 yet and I've written so much^^

Shall blog my process throughout the day (its a nice break from frame painting =P)

No comments:

Post a Comment