Tuesday 4 January 2011

Concepts for MAYFLY

I first sketched out the mayfly with a "pencil" brush on SAI, I initially intended to practice drawing the mayfly fro different angles. But this came out quite well!

So... I gave it a black background, knowing its supposed to have that spiritual feel. Having the luminous effect, kind of gold-ish tint.

I used the same water brush strokes as before, with less detail. There was great difficulty getting the proportions right in the head and body. I had to compare it the the character sheet a few times, then tweak it it in different angles to get the right effect. I must admit, the monitor I worked with had a slightly higher contrast, so I didnt see has much green as what you see now. So i'll have to syc the colour ratios to get my future productions looking perfect! Hopeyou like it =D I added a bit of chinese on the bottom image to give you that oriental feel. Since we're using chinese paint techniques =D


No comments:

Post a Comment