Monday 10 January 2011

Textures...

I'm currently working on different ways of portraying a very patchy look for the stone walls. I remember watching Grand Design with Kevin McCloud explaining out different coloured cements used would give a castles outer appearance alot of difference. He was applying different mixtures of with different amounts of line stone in it etc. So I decided, since we're aiming to NOT use any outlines for the backgrounds. I figured, we could use LIGHTER colours of the same shade of the objects as the outline colours. And heres the outcome. It doesn't look too bad actually, I might play around with a slightly different tone. Like, a tint of purple perhaps?

Its a shame this unit has "ended" but continue to upload my progress in the same way. =D
I've found its helped me with my creative thinking since I'm logging the progress. Its nice to see what I planned to do, and actually finished, and how its helped my projects advanced.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment