Tuesday 4 January 2011

TVPAINT

After experience many problems with my windows vista 64bit, I decided to backup everything and finally keep up with the world a bit - by installing Windows 7 64bit. I love using 64bit since its so much smoother! But the problem is, 64bit has alot of problems when it comes to third party software's.. so..basically.. almost everything...

I went out for a meeting with project leader IREDIA. We met up at the 02, so i finally have a copy of TVPAINT Iredia generously bought for me. I feel a boost of confidence from this since it REALLY shows his gratitude, and how much he BELIEVES in my abilities to bring out the best for the project. His script is just so amazing it defeats the idea of uni suffocating creativity within our course.It makes you realised the importance of bringing childhood dreams and innocence into animation,, and the filmic language involved.

After a long day of discussing our progress and future activities for the project. I attempted to install TVPAINT on my desktop computer. - now being a windows 7 64bit. To then realise, 64bit is not compatible with TVPAINT.

....

Frustratingly, I've had to back up all my data again, and re-install windows 7 YET AGAIN to change it to a 32 bit. TVPaint now workd PERFECTLY with my graphic tablet. I've also set up shortcut commands to make life that much easier working in it.

Through the chirstmas holidays and even new year, Ive been watching basic tutorials and drawing tutorials to enhance my skills, touching up on the basics again - doing a bit of life drawing on pose maniacs, drawing cubes, circles.. shading and such =D

I've now realised how hard it is to make a perfect paint brush, alot of experimenting will be needed for me to make one to imitate a chinese paint brush. So i'll be working on painting techniques through out this term.

No comments:

Post a Comment