Tuesday 23 November 2010

NewView =D


I've been drawing random perspective guide lines after going through a few landscape photos on flickr. Since I'm doing concept art too, I figured I should try a full scale picture. Being very clever with the number of objects there are in the picture. I realised, from my past attempts, I tried throwing in as much forest related things together..despite the weather.. season.. and time of day.. which was really silly. SoooOOO after a close study, I have decided to but as little as possible, playing with the perspectives to my advantage. With trees, the branches and shadows would cover a majority of the screen. And so.. I developed this sketch, which I will continue to work on.
I followed the same steps from the tree tutorial I did the other day.
(1) SKETCH the layout!
(2)PERSPECTIVE!
(3)Think about the lighting!
I threw in the sun in the corner.. to give this nice contract of BRIGHT sun rays and really dark shadows from the trees.
[Slapped on some colour from my previous colour palette.. but I just wasn't feeling the mood.. there was far too much GREEN O_O]

More variations in colour was needed, so I went through Michele's colour script for guidance since shes in charge of THE HOLY COLOUR SCRIPT.

(4)Blocking out some colour bases
(5) SHADOWS =D
(6)Lighting on all the tiny bits on the tree trunks
(7)LEAVES! MORE COLOUR VARIATIONS! blocking out the darker toners for the inner layers.
(8) The sky I suppose, lovely blues and whiteness
(9) The castle!
(10) Rays of LIGHT =D
(11) Grass touch up..
(the light cover the whole grass.. so a few grass patches were added to make it look like grass!
I don't feel as though I've finished this picture.. so I'll be re-working it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment