Sunday 21 November 2010

SAI WEEKEND

Colouring this weekend hasn't gone so well.. but at least I have a few images that ARE presentable!.. kind of.. I've also found new techniques through analysing Le Royaume's making video!

Humans learn through copying what they see, its the basics of everything in life.
So I copied a section of one of their backgrounds.. I don't see anything wrong with that since I'm in the process of learning hands on!

So here's the studies...




















I used both SAI and photoshop for this image, the sky seemed a bit empty before so I threw it in photoshop and gave it a good old brush over with some custom downloads!
Sai made the grass and shadows feel so much more natural^^






















The tree I copied from Le Royaume ..practice purposes..
This came out quite well, I loved the way a simple shadow could being out the rest of the forest in the background. Its not strong but ever so suttle.

















This was drawn the next morning before even opening my eyes properly.. as you can see.. the colours are all wrong, but the CONCEPT of using the free transform tool is there! Its the same tree repeated, but if I use a few... and change the opacity a bit, it should in theory look more like a forest without the shadow method I used above.





















This image hasn't been finished yet, but the whole concept of producing it HAS been finished. I wanted to create shadows on the grass, and play around with colour a bit more. Hence the PURPLE shadows.. The trees obviously need more work. And although this scene may be very simple. The lighting's overall effect gives off a very strong and spacious atmosphere. All through working with lighting =O I used a few photographs I found on flickr as reference, will post soon~~

I was originally copying my own sketched image from the day before. I even tested the colour palette Matt uploaded. But then found it was very frustrating to be using them.. So.. I might just make my own to compliment the existing since there isn't enough tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment