Monday 22 November 2010

PracticePracticePractice

Trees!!! DAMN TREES!!
I'm doing a few tutorials today.. home sick so i need to work harder before I lose energy..

so here goes! I'm following tutorials on deviantart today! then WATER COLOUR painting on youtube to get these trees right!! even though the water colour tutorials are actually on traditional painting, I can use the same technique digitally! might even attempt to get the good old water colours out at some point of the day.. but yea. Here's what I've done so far today...
Stage1::






Step 1: Random tree trunk shape!
include: a)Roots
b)Stem
c) Branches
Step 2: give the thing some roots!
Step 3: draw round strips to give a sense of DEPTH.
Step 4: Shading- sort the lighting out!
Step 5: ADD SOME DETAIL










Step 6: Outline LEAVES -keep it simple.















Step 7: Shade the leaves! make them fluffy as clouds^___^
















Step 8:COLOUR those leaves!!
( The tutorial actually ended in step 7.. so.. this colouring style was inspired by myazaki's watercoloured concepts I have a book full of.. right beside me as I work =D)














Step 9: Colour the trunk and touch up on a few shadows and we're all done! =DD










Thanks to.....Tur-Ture on deviantart for the basic tutorial of drawing a tree =D

No comments:

Post a Comment