Tuesday 17 May 2011

Forest Pan finished?


Heres the finalised shot of the forest pan for the start of the film! Im proud of this piece the most, only because its shown my improvements as a digital artist, IT IS BECAUSE of this background, and matt forcing me to push boundaries, I have learnt more in terms of colour and perspectives. The composition is so powerful in comparison to my past work, i've improved creatively. As shown, the layers in the foreground has been kept, for the detail and beauty to shine through the shot. Where as the grass has been cutout, as well as the bushes. Anything with leafy detail basically.

I decided not to cutout the castle, since the filter would look overused. The castle itself has its own brushed our style, which I've I've planned to keep. It also corresponds to Michelle's tower painting which was originally based on my basic castles colour and painted technique. So I left the tower as it was.

I've also extended the trees down the background for a more 3 dimensional feel. or the forest would cut very hasrshly as seen in the past images. After having a meeting with Matt, we decided. the cloud sitting on the hills at a distant seems a bit odd since the space was so empty. So I came up with the idea of extending the forest ROUND the "hill" then bring the perspectives in - closer and BIGGER to the castle, pretty much touching from the view of the camera. Its brought the overall scene together so that fix up went better then expected =D

No comments:

Post a Comment