Sunday 15 May 2011

nymph head turns!



Short test on the nymphs head turn, the right eye seems to be going a bit crazy.. probably because theres no inbetweens.. and i looped the frames..so..yeah =)

This shot was drawn as a test, working around a normal head turn. I must admit, its very robotic. However, I have never animated in TVP, only frame painting and actully going over iredia's frames. Even though in the process i go over every single frames outline.. and colour.. This process apparently doesnt count as my own animation. Since I wasnt the one who works out the timing.

Keeping in mind I havent animated for 2 terms now... This was a nice start! TVPaint proved to be much easier to work with. Overall the feeling of animating was very nostalgic, as if i was animating on paper the traditional way in first year. I would definitely recommend this software to fellow 2D animation students! Its a nice jump from photoshop. However, I have heard of rumours of Adobe updating CS5 to be able to actually animate in. I'm a bit stuck with time. Since im working on so many programs already, I don't have the time to check this out really, I dont want to get all obsessive over a software I already know. Since I spend so many hours on these digital painting softwares, you tend to get attached. As I've discuss with Michelle in the past. =)


Heres a more improved version that was more challenging!


Im still not used to this, but the result was more organic then the last! so I guess the talent is still there in the of drawings, Timing wise, I have alot to work on, But it doesnt seem so bad anyways, Heres the progress of a fast head turn,. switching from two different emotions.



I followed a tutorial on head tilts, given the advise for lowering the head a bit for a more organic feel. It proved to work. However, the timing is a bit off, I kind of want to extend the progression of the character turning his head a slower at the start of the sequence. Iredia is planning to give me feedback tonight on this shot, and share some advise on improving =D As you can see, the quality is pretty good, so who knows, If I get this timing issue sorted I may be able to put some initial input to our movie!^^ Cant wait, our film is getting pretty exciting since we're churning more shots out!^^

No comments:

Post a Comment